Under the direction and supervision of the Nissin Management Team,
the Operation Manager is responsible for the operations of Nissin’s
Forwarding, warehousing-logistics service functions, training,
supervising of all employees, generating and reviewing operational
reports, and assisting with general human resource issues. Measure
and improve the performance, customer service, and profitability of
the branch and division. Ensure that the branch location provides top
quality customer service consistently, maximizes its profitability,
and contributes to the branch’s profitability. The position also will
be responsible for overall supervision and training of staff members
in the branch.
Key Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but
are not limited to the following:
- Works to ensure and maintain a high level in all areas of customer
service, warehousing, to include related logistics services, cash
management, and other related functions.
- Establish and refine the branch’s operational procedures in
accordance with Nissin’s and customers’ policies, procedures, and
- Ensure high level of comp0liance with customers’ instructions,
procedures, and guidelines as well as other regulatory agencies.
- Solid working knowledge with the use of the company standard
software to generate reports, charts, graphs, presentations, etc.
Skilled with related computer applications, accounting, and other
- Strong communication skills, strong customer service and
troubleshooting and proposed solutions. Ability to edit and proof
business correspondence and reports for accuracy and clarity.
Analyze complex details and resolve complex issues pertaining to our
- Apply accounting knowledge in areas of pricing, cash management,
expense control, financial reports, budgets, and forecasting.
- Manage effectively in supervisory capacity, using tact, diplomacy,
and negotiation skills in areas of staffing, training, and
succession planning. Develop, establish scheduled training and
- Promote sales opportunities and seek out all revenue generation
opportunities to increase profit margins while maintaining costs
under control. Nurture positive relationships with other branches,
offices, customers, vendors, agents, and business partners.
- Leadership through example and role modeling. Encourage culture
of maintaining high ethical and moral value standards, and respect
for one another.
- Monitors the warehouse area layout and other storage space to
maximize efficiency and productivity while considering turnover,
size, weight, and other related factors of product stored in the warehouse.
- Generates, reviews, and maintains logs, files, and reports to
monitor warehouse performance and ensure compliance with regulatory
agencies, customers, vendors, and senior management. Determines
work procedures to expedite workflow, efficiencies, accuracy, and
manage discrepancies with inventory and recordkeeping.
- Oversees all general aspects of human resources functions
including recruiting, training, performance evaluation, disciplinary
actions, investigation, training, workers compensation, and
separation from employment, as needed.
- May consult with senior management or human resources, as needed.
- Reports all information and business decisions to upper management
and provide updates as requested. Responds in a timely manner to
management requests for information and support.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Knowledge of the company’s or related products, service, and operations.
- Basic understanding of sales and business practices.
- Basic understanding of health, safety and environmental principles
- Apply related laws, rules and regulations, such as TSA, US Census,
CBP, C-TPAT, NIT Compliance, IATA, etc.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three
years plus related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- BA/BS preferred or minimum of 2 years’ experience within the
logistics / transportation industry
- Bi-lingual (English and Japanese), Must.
- Exceptional communication skills ( verbal, written and
- Comprehensive knowledge of Air Freight Export processes
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft(i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, &Outlook)
- Effective communications skills to write reports, business
correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from management, employees and customers.
- Ability to plan work for self and others to ensure that work is
- Ability to identify any problems and consult with upper management
and other branches to resolve the problems immediately and effectively.
- Ability to report necessary information to management
- Uses appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to
help build a cohesive team and facilitate the completion of team goals.
- Directly supervises employees in the department. Carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s
policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning
and directing work.
- Work Environment - The noise level in the work environment is usual
- Lifting Minimum 30lbs
- Must be able to travel occasionally and drive a car/vehicle. Must
possess a valid driver’s license and appropriate insurance coverage.
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It
includes health, dental, life, and AD&D, short term disability,
along with voluntary long term disability, and 2 types of voluntary
vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and
dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days, and pet insurance.