Position Description: Under the direction and
supervision of the Warehouse Leader, Supervisor and Manager, the
Warehouse Associate is responsible for performing General Warehouse
& Household Goods functions including housekeeping, preparing and
checking shipments, unloading and loading, and counting inventory and
oversees operation by assisting supervisors and managers. Operating a
forklift and other warehouse equipment to stack and move products is
required. Certification of OSHA Forklift training is required.
Key Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but
are not limited to the following:
- Handles in loading, unloading, picking, staging, stacking, and
moving of product.
- Assists management with issues related to vendor compliance and
inventory control and training warehouse temp staffs.
- Prints and reviews reports to monitor warehouse performance and
compliance with customer’s requirements.
- Responsible for proper use of all company equipment, packing
materials, and proper maintenance of company vehicles while in
transit, at a customer site, return to Nissin, or while visiting
other facilities for delivery, pickup, etc.
- Tracking and tracing of shipments and ensures shipments and
deliveries arrive in a timely manner
- Inspects, maintains, and performs minor maintenance on warehouse
equipment and make sure warehouse is clean and safe.
- Comply with customer requirements and procedures, periodic
inventories, and offsite operations as well as monitoring and comply
with Nissin, US Customs, HAZMAT, OSHA and CTPAT rules and regulations.
- Unload, label, and prepare manifest for containers and/or any
manifest required shipments
- Unload, label, inventory and various customer containers and or freight.
- Eliminate product overflow by putting freight away by using WMS
and/or warehouse system.
- Notify supervisors of any damage, irregularities and any safety
concern and safety violations at warehouse immediately.
- Checks product picked for shipment, verifies models and quantities
against packing slip, and brings discrepancies to management’s attention.
- Takes inventory by counting and verifying model numbers and quantities.
- Drives forklifts and prepares all necessary documents.
- Ensure forklift and other equipment are fully operational.
Inspects supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Ensure accurate product inventory for clients
- Communicate with our Warehouse Manager & Supervisor &
Leader about current stock and potential issues with orders
- Conduct daily analyses to forecast potential inventory issues
- Report on inventory activities and variances
- Assess new inventory to ensure it is ready for shipping or delivery
- Develop and implement inventory control procedures and best practice
- Communicate with other sections to complete their jobs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Experience and Skills:
Skills & Qualifications:
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum GED, High School Diploma preferred.
- Able to operate forklift, handjack, pallet lift.
- Must possess current forklift certification
- Previous experience with RF scanners and WMS systems
- Must be able to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Must be able to work in a warehouse environment which may be
subject to noise, heat, cold, chemical odors, dust, and other
- Possess knowledge of safety and security procedures including
Forklift operation, in accordance with US Customs, HAZMAT, OSHA and
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs unassisted.
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It
includes health, dental, life, and AD&D, short term disability,
along with voluntary long term disability, and 2 types of voluntary
vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and
dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days, and pet insurance.