Position Description: Under the direction and
supervision of Ocean Export / Warehousing Department Supervisor and
upper management, Ocean Export & Warehousing Agent is responsible
to promote our Ocean Export, Warehousing & comprehensive logistics
service and coordinating activities of ocean, export outbound freight
shipments, & warehousing operation, including Pick & Pack,
Sorting domestic freight.
- Export Data Entry by using Nissin’s system.
- Follow up with customers by pro-actively informing the status of
their shipments, answering questions and referring clients to the
supervisor when questions are more technical.
- Negotiates with customers to resolve problems and trouble shoot in
order to arrive at mutual agreements.
- Plans and direct flow of ocean, and surface traffic moving to
overseas destinations as well as domestic freight.
- Send ocean quotations to customers, and foreign countries
- Contact established and potential customers to introduce Nissin’s
export and warehousing services and arrange shipments.
- Supports outside sales team
- Promote sales to build account base and increase revenue. Seek out
and explore all revenue opportunities to increase profit margins
while keeping costs under strict control.
- Maintains and updates customer database by inputting customer
profile and updates; preparing and distributing monthly reports
- Monitor and provide necessary instruction for parties engaged in
receiving and shipping freight, documentation, way billing,
assessing charges, and collecting fees for shipments.
- Resolves customer problems and informs supervisor of the resolutions
- Update export regulations constantly and share all necessary
information with all other employees.
- Comply with customer requirements and all state and federal safety
and compliance regulations.
- Arrange and take care of freight attendance at ports for export
and other special projects.
- Handles product safely and carefully.
- Performs general housekeeping duties including sweeping, breaking
down cartons, and throwing out trash.
- May perform other department members duties during their breaks,
lunch, or as designated by supervisor.
- Work in the warehouse handling, including forklift operation,
various freight to be exported, and to be shipped to domestic.
- Responsible for repacking of the freight
- Load, unload, label, prepare, manifest, and inventory various
customer containers and/or freight.
- Notify supervisor of any damage, irregularities and safety concern
and safety violations at onsite and offsite warehouse immediately.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It
includes health, dental, life, and AD&D, short term disability,
along with voluntary long term disability, and 2 types of voluntary
vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical
and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days, and pet insurance.