The Sales & Customer Service Representative is responsible for
both tactical and strategic business development of new forwarding
(Import & Export) and Warehouse business. New customer development
and maintenance of existing customers.
Key Responsibilities and essential job functions include, but
are not limited to the following:
- Promote sales activities to build accounts base and increase
revenue. Seek out and explore all revenue opportunities to increase
profit margins while keeping costs under strict control.
- Explore and initiate opportunities for cost savings and maximizing
efficiency and control.
- Work closely and build relationship with customers, vendors,
domestic and oversea agents regarding import, export and warehouse services.
- Produce and examine all necessary paperwork for import, export,
warehouse and customs regulations.
- Ensure a 100% level of compliance with any related government
agencies such as local, US domestic and applicable foreign agencies,
which have functions of enforcement or compliance responsibilities,
related to importing and exporting.
- Manage import, export transactions, including all related
activities for an assigned base of accounts.
- Prepare reports of transactions to facilitate billing of shippers
and foreign carries. Other duties may be assigned.
- Timely preparation of rates and quotes for customers and overseas agents.
- Contact established and potential customers to introduce Nissin’s
services and arrange shipments.
- Update export -import regulations constantly and share all
necessary information with all other employees.
- Negotiates with customers, to resolve problems and arrive at
- Any other duties, as assigned.
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It
includes health, dental, life, and AD&D, short term disability,
along with voluntary long term disability, and 2 types of voluntary
vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and
dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days, and pet insurance.