Under the direction and supervision of the Air/Ocean Export-Import
Department Supervisor and upper management, the Air/Ocean
Export-Import Agent is responsible for all aspects of assigned
accounts by processing import and export shipments and all related
activities for an assigned base of accounts. Assist with duties
related to document preparation and traffic coordination required to
correctly process goods through customs and affect timely delivery.
Will be cross-trained in other aspects of freight forwarding
operations to support branch operations.
- Import and export data entry by using Nissin’s system.
- Tracking/tracing of shipments
- Receive, review, and process import-export documentation such as
B/L and AWB
- Prepares reports of transactions to facilitate billing of shippers
and foreign carriers. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure to book vessel or flight arrangement that will meet
customer's requested ETA.
- Coordinate any necessary surface transportation to airports or
pier to make sure that delivery has been completed.
- Plans and direct flow of air, ocean, and surface traffic moving to
- Send air and ocean quotations to customers, and foreign countries
- Review all entries, client invoice packages and file record
keeping prior to submitting to supervisor for payment and final review.
- Works with other Nissin departments in meeting Customer and
- Data Entry using Nissin import system and Oracle financials
- Ensures cargo delivery is on schedule
- Ensures that all documents are in proper order Scan, fax and file documents
- Handles Pick-up instructions and sends arrival notices
- Provides excellent Customer Service to local and international
customers, primarily Japanese companies
- Will be cross-trained in other areas of freight forwarding
operations to support the branch operations.
- Follow up with customers by pro-actively informing the status of
their shipments, answering questions and referring clients to the
supervisor when questions are more technical.
- Notify supervisor of any damage, irregularities and safety concern
and safety violations at onsite and offsite warehouse immediately.
- Negotiates with customers to resolve problems and trouble shoot in
order to arrive at mutual agreements.
- Contact established and potential customers to introduce Nissin’s
services and arrange shipments.
- Supports outside sales team
- Promote sales to build account base and increase revenue. Seek out
and explore all revenue opportunities to increase profit margins
while keeping costs under strict control.
- Maintains and updates customer database by inputting customer
profile and updates; preparing and distributing monthly reports
- Monitor and provide necessary instruction for parties engaged in
receiving and shipping freight, documentation, way billing,
assessing charges, and collecting fees for shipments.
- Resolves customer problems and informs supervisor of the resolutions
- Comply with customer requirements and all state and federal safety
and compliance regulations.
- Arrange and take care of freight attendance at ports for import
and other special projects.
- Handles product safely and carefully.
- Performs general housekeeping duties including sweeping, breaking
down cartons, and throwing out trash.
- May perform other department members duties during their breaks,
lunch, or as designated by supervisor.
- Attendance at Site for Machinery at the time of import/export.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It
includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term
disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional
voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k,
vacation, sick days and pet insurance.