Position Description: Under the direction and
supervision of upper management, the Air Export Agent is responsible
for all the aspects of assigned accounts by processing export
shipments and all related activities for an assigned base of accounts.
Assist with duties related to document preparation and traffic
coordination required to correctly process goods through customs and
affect timely delivery. The Air Export Agent will be working closely
with customs brokers, warehouse staff, shipping companies and clients
assisting with shipping, receiving and record keeping for domestic and
- Responsible for all the assigned functions for export.
- Utilize all software and programs necessary to the export operations.
- Follow the supervisor’s instructions and the department procedures
in accordance with Nissin Group’s corporate policies.
- Ensure to book flight arrangements that will meet customer’s
- Coordinate any necessary surface transportation to airports to
ensure that delivery has been completed.
- Able to work within an export regulatory compliance team,
performing duties related to document preparation and traffic
coordination required to correctly process the goods through customs
and affect timely delivery.
- Must be organized, able to set priorities, expediting transactions
to meet customers’ expectations and government requirements.
- Receive, review, and process export documentation such as B/L and
AWB for each shipment accurately, thoroughly, efficiently and
performing all functions within a strict time frame.
- Maintain quality service, high level of expertise including data
entry and invoice process and document reviews.
- Must keep accurate notes per shipment, review and update notes accordingly.
- Maintain 100% accuracy in the entry data process, classification
- Provide excellent and timely customer service skills and shipment
follow up by proactively informing customers of the status of their
shipments, answering questions to the best of your ability and
referring clients to the department management when his/her
questions are more technical.
- Advise the department management of any delays, problems and/or
questioned any irregularities discovered within assigned transactions.
- Stay up-to-date with the knowledge in export regulations and rules
to be compliant with all applicable export regulations and rules.
- Strong writing skills to compose routine notes and correspondence
with the related parties involved on per shipment basis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to contact with
customs, other government agencies, carriers, customers, vendors and
all related parties concerning the export process.
- Ability to edit and proof business correspondence and reports for
accuracy and clarity.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues pertaining to our
clients, vendors and employee’s needs.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Be willing to go the extra mile to get the job done right and to
achieve higher customer satisfaction.
- Help maintain a positive work environment, and high ethical and
moral standards in the department.
- Report important incident/information to upper management in a
timely manner and provide updates as requested.
- Work may require a short-term or long-term business trips.
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It
includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term
disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional
voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k,
vacation, sick days and pet insurance.