Position Description: Under the supervision and direction of
the Seattle branch Import/Export Supervisor, the customer service
representative will be assisting with all assigned accounts related to
Import and Export shipments.
- Must be responsible for all assigned functions for import and
export shipments and assisting in the growth and development of the department.
- Must learn all programs associated with the operation of the
import and export department.
- Follow import-export department procedures in accordance with
Nissin Group’s corporate policies and with department supervisor and
manager. Learn basic file procedures, department procedures and
other assigned tasks.
- Ensure a 100% level of compliance with any related government
agencies such as local, US domestic and applicable foreign agencies,
which have functions of enforcement or compliance responsibilities,
related to importing and exporting.
- Follow instructions, tasks and take notes while training or
- Prepares reports of transactions to facilitate billing of shippers
and foreign carriers. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure to book vessel or flight arrangement that will meet
customer's requested ETA.
- Coordinate any necessary surface transportation to airports or
pier to make sure that delivery has been completed.
- Must be able to work within an import-export regulatory compliance
team, performing duties related to document preparation and traffic
coordination required to correctly process the goods through customs
and affect timely delivery.
- Manage import-export transactions, including all related
activities for an assigned base of accounts.
- Must be organized, able to set priorities, expediting transactions
and tasks to meet customer expectations and government requirements.
- Receive, review, and process import-export documentation such as
B/L and AWB for each shipment accurately, thoroughly, efficiently
and performing all functions within a strict time frame.
- Maintain quality service, high level of expertise in all areas of
government’s regulations including data entry and invoice process
and document reviews.
- Must keep accurate notes per shipment. Must review and update
- Must maintain a 99%+ accuracy in the entry data process,
classification and valuation.
- Provide excellent and timely customer service skills and shipment
follow up by pro-actively informing the customers of the status of
their shipments, answering questions to the best of your ability and
referring clients to the supervisor when his/her questions are more technical.
- Advise supervisor of any delays, problems and/or questioned any
irregularities discovered within assigned transactions.
- Actively pursue a better understanding of import-export
regulations and rules. Adherence to all applicable import-export
regulations and rules.
- Work requires the written communication skills to compose routine
notes and correspondence with the related parties involve on per
- Work requires regular phone contact with customs, other government
agencies, carriers, customers, vendors and all related parties
concerning the import-export process. Must have effective verbal and
communication and strong customer service and troubleshooting and
proposed solution skills. Ability to edit and proof business
correspondence and reports for accuracy and clarity. Ability to
analyze complex details and resolves complex issues pertaining to
our clients, venders and employee needs.
- Review all entries, client invoice packages and file record
keeping prior to submitting to supervisor for payment and final review.
- Must maintain account information according to client
requirements, change in contact, special instructions and any other
additional or revised specific requirements.
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It
includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term
disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional
voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k,
vacation, sick days and pet insurance.