Under the direction and supervision of the Forwarding Department
Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for all aspects of
International Air & Ocean export/ import traffic by processing
shipments and all related activities for an assigned base of accounts.
- Responsible for all assigned functions for export/ import shipments.
- Deal effectively in a Supervisory capacity, using tact, diplomacy
and negotiation in the Air/Ocean Dept.
- Ensures that all document preparation, coordination for the
movement of goods from shippers’ door to overseas destination(s),
including but not limited to truck, rail, Air, Sea, and Customs are accurate.
- Ensures compliance with any government agency such as, Customs
& Border Protection, Export Administration regulations, Code of
Federal regulations, or any other agency.
- Ensure to book vessel or flight arrangement that will meet
customer's requested ETA and deadlines.
- Coordinate / monitor surface and rail transportation via internet
or phone to departing ports of departure to make sure that arrival
has been completed timely.
- Process vendor costs and sales related matters using an Oracle
database. (GTC- new system)
- Must keep accurate notes per shipment. Must review and update
- Handles data entry processes, classifications and valuations.
- Advise Dept manager of any problems and/or question any
irregularities discovered within assigned transactions.
- Handles routine notes and correspondence with the related parties
involve on per shipment basis.
- Assist to promote sales and to expand all revenue opportunities
and to increase profit margins while keeping costs under strict control.
- Maintain a positive attitude when conducting business with
Customers, vendors and overseas agents, at all times.
- Keep constant communication with customers throughout the shipment
- Customer service / sales to improve customer relationship
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It
includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term
disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional
voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k,
vacation, sick days and pet insurance.