Under the supervision and direction of the Food Commodities Division
Manager, the Food Commodities Assistant will be assisting with the
importing and exporting of a variety of food commodities that include
fresh and frozen products, such as fruits and vegetables, meats,
dairy, as well as dry cargo (i.e., whey powders, supplements) to Asia,
Southeast Asia, Europe and South America. Logistic movements will be
arranged by air carriers, ocean carriers, and trucking companies.
- Data Entry - accurate inputting of air and ocean export data
- Working with US regulatory agencies such as the FDA, USDA, and AFHIS
- Communicating with overseas customers and other Nissin branches
(Japan, Europe, Asia)
- Assist with sales and attracting new customers
- Handle export and import logistics. Process proper paperwork,
i.e., bills of lading, commercial invoicing, packing lists, and
other government documentation.
- Provide rate quotations
- Re-pack products according to TSA approved regulations using
shrink wrapping and other packing methodologies for packing fresh commodities.
- Go into the field to inspect quality of the product.
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It
includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term
disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional
voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k,
vacation, sick days and pet insurance.