Position Description: Under the direction of the
Logistic Center Manager and any upper management, the Warehouse
Assistant Manager is responsible for coordinating the operation of all
warehouse functions, training, quality control and assisting warehouse
leads and workers, generating and reviewing operational reports, and
assisting with general Human Resource issues.
- Supervises and trains workforce relating to inbound and outbound
activity. Cross-trains workers to ensure adequate coverage during
heavy volume and/or schedule conflicts; Ensures that all employees,
including temps, understand and comply with policies, work rules,
requests, instructions and requirements.
- Communicates with the Manager for daily work volumes; sets and
coordinates labor schedules according to volume and projects. May
assist workers in shipping and receiving activities as required
- Coordinates and oversees processes to ensure accuracy,
completeness, and customer compliance.
- Utilizes work instructions, prepares work schedules and expedites
workflow to floor employees. Assigns duties and examines work for
exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures.
Generates, reviews, and maintains logs, files, and reports to
monitor warehouse performance and ensure compliance with any
- Monitors and evaluates employee performance daily; suggests
additional training or corrective action as required. Conducts
regular review of employee performance both verbally and written;
Compiles data to support performance assessments
- Compiles daily inbound and outbound volumes to predict equipment/
- Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping and
- Oversees all aspects of quality control
- Oversees preventive maintenance schedules and inspects material
handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or
contacts outside service facility for repair. Maintains vehicle
maintenance reports per schedule
- Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Maintains a safe and secure work environment
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to
five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Abilities & Skills
- Excellent leadership skills and abilities. Strong motivational
skills and effective team building capabilities.
- Ability to manage time, resolve crises, and good decision making.
- Knowledge of all Distribution warehouse Shipping and Receiving
functions and any applicable laws, regulations and rules, i.e., CTPAT
- Knowledge of PC applications such as Email, Word, and Excel.
- Skill in operating warehouse equipment such as forklift, computer,
printer, handy terminal, and UPS and FedEx systems.
- Ability to evaluate workloads, coordinates assignments, and
monitor logistic activity.
- Ability to meet deadlines and customer’s cutoffs.
- Ability to establish and achieve goals and objectives.
- Ability to give direction, delegate assignments, and make
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and coordinate various
- Ability to oversee subordinates and evaluate individual and
- Ability to sit, stands, and walks for extended periods of time.
- Ability to understand and implement verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with others.
- Ability to maximize productivity and maximize sales, profit and
- Must be able to operate all shipping systems
- Work Pressure/Stress - able to handle job stress and work pressure
from varying demands on one’s time; able to manage multiple work
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It
includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term
disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional
voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k,
vacation, sick days and pet insurance.