Under the direction and supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor, the
Warehouse Associate is responsible for all aspects of warehousing and
distribution and all related activities for an assigned base of accounts.
- Follow instructions given by supervisors and/or managers.
- Receive freight (unload freight check for damage and sign and date
- Log freight (document weight and dimensions).
- Freight Placement (freight is labeled and moved to appropriate area).
- Unload, label, and make inventory the various customer containers
- Eliminate product overflow by putting freight away by using WMS.
- Prepares orders for shipment by following instructions to stencil,
label, wrap, unpack, repack, record serial numbers, etc.
- Notify supervisor of any damage or irregularities immediately.
- May perform other department members duties during breaks, lunch,
or as designated by supervisor.
- Handles product safely and carefully.
- Performs general housekeeping duties including sweeping, breaking
down cartons, and throwing out trash.
- Attends work regularly and consistently.
- Comply with all the rules and regulations as set forth by
Customers, Nissin, OSHA, CTPAT and TSA.
- Responsible for completing all essential job functions by end of shift.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe warehouse environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Min. high school diploma required.
- 1-2 years of experience in warehouse or related industry.
- Accurate data entry skills, some WMS experience is a plus.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess current forklift certification.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs unassisted.
- Must be able to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Must be able to work in a warehouse environment which may be
subject to noise, heat, cold, chemical odors, dust, and other
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It
includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term
disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional
voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k,
vacation, sick days and pet insurance.