Position Description: Under the direction and
supervision of upper management, the Air Export Operations Coordinator
is responsible for all the aspects of assigned accounts by
coordinating export shipments and all related activities for an
assigned base of accounts. Assist with duties related to cargo &
documentation preparation and traffic coordination required to
correctly process goods through customs and affect timely delivery.
The Air Export Operations Coordinator will be working closely with
warehouse staff (3rd Party Included), suppliers, vendors, 3rd Party
Carriers (Airline & Truck Carriers) and clients assisting with
shipping, receiving and record keeping for domestic and international transactions.
- Work closely with the Warehouse/LCD department to coordinate
inbound & outbound shipments for the Air Export Department.
- Coordinate pick-up & deliveries with our in-house truckers
and/or 3rd party truckers.
- Coordinate export shipment with 3rd party warehouse facilities and
delivering export documentation.
- Responsible for all the assigned functions for export.
- Utilize all software and programs necessary to the export operations.
- Follow the Assistant Manager & Manager’s instructions and the
department procedures in accordance with Nissin Group’s corporate policies.
- Coordinate surface transportation from customers, vendors,
suppliers and airports to ensure that delivery has been completed.
- Comply with customer requirements, periodic inventories and
offsite operations as well as monitoring and comply with, Nissin, US
Customs, HAZMAT, OSHA, CTPAT and TSA rules and regulations.
- Log Freight (Document Weight and Dimensions, when necessary)
- Maintain offsite warehouse operations by traveling to designated
warehouse to perform all duties, required for various customers.
- Follow all rules and regulations as designated by managers of
- Prepare/Issue work orders for Air Export shipments to the
- Notify supervisors of any damage, irregularities and any safety
concern and safety violations at onsite and offsite warehouse immediately.
- Handles product safely and carefully.
- Able to work within an export regulatory compliance team,
performing duties related to document preparation and traffic
coordination required to correctly process the goods through customs
and affect timely delivery.
- Must be organized, able to set priorities, expediting transactions
to meet customers’ expectations and government requirements.
- Receive, review, and process export documentation such as B/L and
AWB for each shipment accurately, thoroughly, efficiently and
performing all functions within a strict time frame.
- Maintain quality service, high level of expertise including data
entry and invoice process and document reviews.
- Must keep accurate notes per shipment, review and update notes accordingly.
- Maintain 100% accuracy in the data entry process, classification
- Provide excellent and timely customer service skills and shipment
follow up by proactively informing customers of the status of their
shipments, answering questions to the best of your ability and
referring clients to the department management when his/her
questions are more technical.
- Advise the department management of any delays, problems and/or
questioned any irregularities discovered within assigned transactions.
- Stay up-to-date with the knowledge in DOT & export regulations
and rules to be compliant with all applicable DOT & export
regulations and rules.
- Strong writing skills to compose routine notes and correspondence
with the related parties involved on per shipment basis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to contact with
customs, other government agencies, carriers, customers, vendors and
all related parties concerning the export process.
- Ability to edit and proof business correspondence and reports for
accuracy and clarity.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues pertaining to our
clients, vendors and employee’s needs.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Be willing to go the extra mile to get the job done right and to
achieve higher customer satisfaction.
- Help maintain a positive work environment, and high ethical and
moral standards in the department.
- Report important incident/information to upper management in a
timely manner and provide updates as requested.
- Work may require a short-term or long-term business trips.
- Attends work regularly and consistently.
- Responsible for completing all essential job functions by end of shift.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work/warehouse environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It
includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term
disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional
voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k,
vacation, sick days and pet insurance.