Position Description: Working in a team office
environment the Customs Entry Writer will perform a high volume of
customs clearance processes on key customs brokerage accounts,
participate in a dedicated customer effort with continuous challenge
and be responsible for final delivery of customer cargo. This
position requires strong individual customs entry processing skills,
knowledge of proper classifications (FDA, PGA, HTS, and ACE) and
- Entry writer for a Customs Broker
- Strong customer service skills and good attention to detail
- Entry documentation including 7501, 3461
- RLF Entries
- Provide necessary documents to partner government agencies: FDA,
- Prepare customs brokerage file
- Verify arrival information with Airlines/NVOCC's/ Steamship Lines
- Rate commercial invoice with tariff numbers as well as valuation.
- Verify country of origin
- Verify if any Free Trade agreements apply to entry.
- Data Entry & transmit to Customs
- Prepare entry documents for Customs approval and Duty payment
- Prepare delivery order, send to trucker, verify receipt and final
delivery to destination with a POD
- Prepare billing package, bill file, email/mail to clients
- All entries brought for auditing prior to 8th pay in of duty.
- Ensure that all entries are filed on time and freight delivered in
a timely manner in accordance with company and customer expectations.
- Faxing, photo copying, filing
- Other duties as needed
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It
includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term
disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional
voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k,
vacation, sick days and pet insurance.