Position Description: Under the direction and supervision of the Branch Manager, the Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for coordinating the operations of all general warehouse functions, training and assisting warehouse foremen and workers, generating and reviewing operations report, and assisting with general human resource issues. Complying with customer requirements, periodic inventories, and offsite operations as well as monitoring and complying with Nissin, OSHA, CTPAT, and TSA rules and regulations.
- § Reviews daily workloads, coordinates equal distribution of assignments, and redistributes duties as needed.
- § Plan layout of warehouse and other storage areas considering turnover, size, weight and related factors of items stored to maximize efficiency and productivity.
- § Trains and assists warehouse and warehouse office workers in accordance with required policies, procedures, safety rules, computer systems and programs, and operation and maintenance of warehouse equipment.
- § Advise employees on care and preservation of items received, stored and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing maintaining and shipping stock and related problems.
- § Generates, reviews, and maintains logs, files, and reports to monitor warehouse performance and ensure compliance with any necessary requirements.
- § Study records and recommend remedial action for reported non-usable, slow moving and excess stock. Review records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures and to determine adequacy of stock levels.
- § Schedule work for special and periodic inventories. Track history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommend remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
- § Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules and expedite workflow. Issue written and oral instructions. Assign duties and examines work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures.
- § Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates. Maintain harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- § Prepare composite reports from individual reports of subordinates. Adjust errors and complaints. Perform inventories, staff reviews and disciplinary action.
- § Cross-trains workers to ensure adequate coverage during employee absences and when needed.
- § Coordinates activities between warehouse and office for instructions related to shipping, receiving, and inventory control.
- § Verifies shipping and receiving documents are accurately tallied, completed, and submitted.
- § Evaluates employee performance, and suggest necessary additional training or recommends corrective action when necessary. Ensures that all employees including temps understand and comply with Nissin’s and customer’s company policy, work rules, requests, instructions and requirements.
- § Assists with special projects, inventory reconciliation, and any other tasks employees need assistance
- § Assists in the administration of time and attendance, Worker’s Comp claims, and other general Human Resource functions when it is necessary with upper management supervision and instruction.
- § Communicates and interacts with other employees to ensure customer satisfaction and effective and timely problem resolution.
- § Maintains a safe and secure work environment.
- § Attends work regularly and consistently.
- § Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- § Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- § Communicate with the branch manager and Nissin Corporate HQ office closely and timely and effectively and report all issues to them immediately with detailed information and solution ideas.
- § Maximize productivity and employee morale
- § Plan warehouse budget and seek out and explore the revenue opportunities to increase profit margins while keeping costs under strict control.
- § Performs other duties as assigned by management.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and/or 3 - 5 years plus, related work experience and or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Prior supervision work experience and solid understanding of warehouse operations
* Solid and effective written and verbal communication skills
* Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) applications and email communications
* Effective customer service skills and troubleshoot issues effectively
* Ability to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
* Ability to understand and implement verbal and written instructions.
* Effective interpersonal communication skills to perform as a team player and also independently with minimal supervision
* Must possess a valid driver’s license with no outstanding traffic violations
* Able to lift minimum of 50# of weight unassisted
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days and pet insurance.