Under the direction and supervision of the Sales Manager, the Import/Export Sales Assistant is responsible for supporting to promote our Air/Ocean export/import operations, comprehensive logistics services, and coordinating activities of air, ocean, and ground export/import inbound/outbound freight shipments.
- Promote sales activities to build accounts base and increase revenue. Seek out and explore all revenue opportunities to increase profit margins while keeping costs under strict control. Explore and initiate opportunities for cost savings and maximizing efficiency and control.
- Increase and develop import-export transportation and warehouse - logistics programs with all related parties and customers.
- Must maintain a 99%+ accuracy in the entry data process, classification and valuation.
- Monitor and provide necessary instruction for parties engaged in receiving and shipping freight, documentation, way-billing, assessing charges, and collecting fees for shipments.
- Negotiates with foreign shipping interests to contract for reciprocal freight handling agreements. Send air and ocean quotations to foreign countries.
- Produce and examine all necessary paperwork for export - import shipments and customs regulations.
- Negotiates with customers to resolve problems and arrive at mutual agreements. Make sales calls - visit to customers.
- Negotiates with foreign shipping interests to contract for reciprocal freight handling agreements.
- Arrange freights at warehouse, airline bonds or port warehouses.
- Examines invoices and shipping manifests for conformity to tariff and customs regulations.
- Prepare reports of transactions to facilitate billing of shippers and foreign carries. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicate with customs for trouble-shooting, providing rate quote and export plans.
- Contact established and potential customers to introduce Nissin’s export services and arrange shipments.
- Provide excellent and timely customer service skills and shipment follow up by pro-actively informing the customers of the status of their shipments, answering questions to the best of your ability and referring clients to the supervisor when his/her questions are more technical
- Update export -import regulations constantly and share all necessary information with all other employees.
- Take care of freight attendance at ports for import-export and other special projects.
- Understand what customers need and provide necessary information and make arrangement and maintain high-level customer service.
- Comply with customer requirements, periodic inventories, and offsite operations as well as monitoring and comply with Nissin, US Customs, HAZMAT, OSHA, CTPAT and TSA rules and regulations.
- Notify supervisor of any damage, irregularities and safety concern and safety violations at onsite and offsite warehouse immediately.
- Plans and direct flow of air, ocean, and surface traffic moving to overseas destinations.
- Oversee receiving and shipping freight, documentation, way-billing, assessing charges, and collecting fees for shipments.
- Negotiates with domestic customers, as intermediary for foreign customers, to resolve problems and arrive at mutual agreements.
- Prepare all import/export documents. Enter data in computer for shipments. Contact customs officials to effect release of incoming freight and resolve customs delays.
- Any other duties, as assigned.
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days and pet insurance.