Position Description: Under the direction of the Vice President - Forwarding, the Director - Freight Forwarding Operations is responsible for working with the senior management team at Nissin International Transport U.S.A., Inc. (NIT) to ensure consistent revenue stream for existing/new accounts and to develop effective operations strategies to grow all lines of the freight forwarding business for the organization. The Director will proactively work to network within the industry to seek new business opportunities and operational strategies to achieve business objectives. The position will mentor and train designated management staff to ensure succession planning for future business growth and opportunities.
- Provide proactive, collaborative efforts with senior and branch management team to network and explore potential new revenue streams of business
- Review existing accounts to consider new freight forwarding products and services for customers
- Perform research for new segments and trends within global freight forwarding business in transportation/logistics/warehousing industries
- Utilize knowledge of compliance requirements within industry to establish new policies and practices, where lack exists. May collaborate with other divisions/departments to achieve such objectives.
- Consistency of cost effectiveness and efficiencies within freight forwarding operations
- Competitive positioning within the industry to increase revenue streams
- Compliance with all regulatory agencies monitoring our business activities and industry
- Define key performance indicators (KPI) to measure performance standards in forwarding operations
- Freight forwarding operations
- Development and execution of key forwarding operations strategies
- Effective interpersonal skills to mentor and develop forwarding operations staff.
- Conduct sales calls/visits/approaches in collaboration with branch operations to establish effective business relationship with customers and explore their needs. Provide regular reports to branch management teams of business development efforts on forwarding business.
- Research and develop effective operational strategies and practices to achieve
- Responsible to mentor, train, and develop designated management staff on:
- Any other projects as assigned by senior management, from time to time.
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days and pet insurance.