The Household Moving Agent directly reports to Department Manager. The position entails all aspects that are associated with household or a business move. The Household Goods Mover is responsible for providing excellent customer service to an international client base and ensure the customer’s household goods are professionally packed and documented.
- Packing air and ocean personal effects using company provided packing materials
- Movement of packed cargo to/from House or Apartment to/from Nissin warehouse
- Preparing an accurate bongo sheet for all packed boxes
- Must keep accurate notes per shipments. Must update notes accordingly.
- Advise Supervisor/Manager of any delays, problems, and/or questions regarding any irregularities discovered within assigned transactions
- Provide exceptional customer service as you safely move, pack and unpack customer belongings
- Greet customer upon arriving at the specified location and complete a walk-through of the premises
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to provide excellent customer services to customers, coworkers, and others, including but not limited to international personal effects forwarding documentation, delivery details and quotation requests
- Ability to demonstrate and maintain professional and respectful working relationship with customers, coworkers, and sub-contractors at all time
- Very good attention to details
- Positive and professional demeanor are essential
- Assist driver with truck inspections and moving equipment inventory
- Prepare shipping documents, data entry, and create invoices for export, import, and domestic shipment
- Perform as a crew leader for export, import, and domestic job site with multiple workers
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days and pet insurance.