Under the direction and supervision of Dept. Manager, the Air Export Supervisor is responsible for coordinating activities of international traffic division of the Dept. and Branch and for negotiating settlements between foreign and domestic shippers.
The position also will be responsible to supervise and train staff members in the department.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manages, overseas, and performs supervisory tasks to direct and control activities performed to effectively manage the end to end Air Freight Export processes
- Supervise timely operational processes of all coordinators.
- Serves as the escalation contact for customer’s Air Freight Export shipments; responsible for the financial aspects and results; sets, communicates.
- Assumes responsibility for good working practices, safety, and security for customer shipments and staff.
- Collaborate with internal other dept.(Warehouse/Ocean/Import/Customs/FCD/Sales/ODC, etc. ) for seamless customer service and improve process flows; engage with sales to grow business by participating in sales meeting and customer calls.
- Supervises workers engaged in receiving and shipping freight, documentation, way billing, assessing charges.
- Negotiates with customers, as intermediary, to resolve problems and arrive at mutual agreements. Negotiates with shipping interests to contract for reciprocal freight handling agreement.
- Examines invoices and shipping manifests for conformity to tariff and regulations.
- Supervise subordinates as required based on established corporate procedures. It may require corrective and disciplinary actions based on good judgement and corporate procedures.
- Responds to other management requests for information and assistance.
- Responsible for tracking and maintain specific information related to assigned work activities.
- Reports all information and business decision to upper manager and provide update as requested.
- Knowledge of the company’s or related products, service, and operations.
- Basic understanding of sales and business practices.
- Basic understanding of health, safety and environmental principles and practices.
- Apply related laws, rules and regulations, such as TSA, US Census, CBP, C-TPAT, NIT Compliance, IATA, etc.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and three years plus related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- BA/BS preferred or minimum of 2 years’ experience within the logistics / transportation industry
- Exceptional communication skills ( verbal, written and presentations )
- Comprehensive knowledge of Air Freight Export processes
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft(i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, &Outlook)
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees and customers.
- Ability to plan work for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Ability to identify any problems and consult with upper management and other branches to resolve the problems immediately and effectively.
- Ability to report necessary information to management
- Uses appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team and facilitate the completion of team goals.
- Directly supervises employees in the department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning and directing work.
- Work Environment - The noise level in the work environment is usual
- Lifting Minimum 30lbs
- Must be able to travel occasionally and drive a car/vehicle. Must possess a valid driver’s license and appropriate insurance coverage.
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days and pet insurance.