Position Description: The Air Import/Export Clerk will assist the company in shipping and receiving inventories in international business transactions. They will be working closely with the company’s customs brokers, warehouse staff, shipping companies and clients assisting with shipping, receiving and record keeping for domestic and international transactions.
- Track shipments and communicate with clients about the shipment’s progress
- Coordinate shipping with customs agents for clearance on overseas deliveries
- Deal with quotes from prospective customers
- Prepare transaction reports to facilitate billing or shippers and carriers.
- Review all entries, client invoices and file records for accuracy before submitting to supervisor for final review and payment
- Receive, review and process export documentation such as Airway Bills and Bill of Ladings
- Handle claims with insurance companies if any shipment problems happen to occur
- Fill out import-export documentation
- Compile carrier and route assignments
- Compute international fees for each shipment and keep track of shipment payments and quotas
- Handle file preparation
- Handle freight releases
- Obtaining documents from overseas agents
- Sending and receiving original documents to clients and carriers
- Ensure that all contract documents are complete and conform to corporate policies and import/export laws
- Maintain and update client account information
- Familiar with the legal requirements regarding importing and exporting shipments
- Freight handling in warehouse such as packing/unpacking cartons, bundling, and inspection
- Other duties as needed
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days and pet insurance.