Position Description: Under the direction and supervision of Air & Ocean Import Department Supervisor and upper management, Air & Ocean Import Agent is responsible to promote our Air-Ocean Import & comprehensive logistics service and coordinating activities of air, ocean, import inbound freight shipments.
- Import Data Entry by using Nissin’s system.
- Follow up with customers by pro-actively informing the status of their shipments, answering questions and referring clients to the supervisor when questions are more technical.
- Notify supervisor of any damage, irregularities and safety concern and safety violations at onsite and offsite warehouse immediately.
- Negotiates with customers to resolve problems and trouble shoot in order to arrive at mutual agreements.
- Plans and direct flow of air, ocean, and surface traffic moving to overseas destinations.
- Send air and ocean quotations to customers, and foreign countries
- Contact established and potential customers to introduce Nissin’s Import services and arrange shipments.
- Supports outside sales team
- Promote sales to build account base and increase revenue. Seek out and explore all revenue opportunities to increase profit margins while keeping costs under strict control.
- Maintains and updates customer database by inputting customer profile and updates; preparing and distributing monthly reports
- Monitor and provide necessary instruction for parties engaged in receiving and shipping freight, documentation, way billing, assessing charges, and collecting fees for shipments.
- Resolves customer problems and informs supervisor of the resolutions
- Comply with customer requirements and all state and federal safety and compliance regulations.
- Arrange and take care of freight attendance at ports for import and other special projects.
- Handles product safely and carefully.
- Performs general housekeeping duties including sweeping, breaking down cartons, and throwing out trash.
- May perform other department members duties during their breaks, lunch, or as designated by supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days and pet insurance.