Under the supervision and direction of the Food Commodities Division Manager, the Food Commodities Assistant will be assisting with the import and export of a variety of food commodities that include fresh and frozen products. Such products may include fresh produce (fruits, vegetables), meats, dairy products, in addition to dry cargo (i.e. whey powders, health supplements) to Asia, Southeast Asia, Europe, and South America. Logistics movements/transportation will be arranged with air carriers, ocean carriers, and trucking companies.
- Accuracy of data entry - input of air and ocean export data
- Working closely with various U.S. regulatory agencies such as the FDA, USDA, and AFHIS
- Communicating with overseas carriers and other Nissin branches (Japan, Europe and Asia)
- Provide support with sales development activities and generating new customer accounts
- Handling export and import logistics activities. Process required documentation (i.e. Bill of Lading, commercial invoicing, packing lists, other regulatory documents) for compliance
- Provide rate quotations to customers
- Repackage products in accordance with TSA-approved regulations, utilizing shrink-wrap and other packaging methodologies specific for food commodities
- Travel to fields to conduct product quality inspections
- Perform any other tasks or duties as assigned
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days and pet insurance.