Position Description: Under the supervision and direction of the Seattle branch Import/Export Supervisor, the customer service representative will be assisting with all assigned accounts related to Import and Export shipments.
- Must be responsible for all assigned functions for import and export shipments and assisting in the growth and development of the department.
- Must learn all programs associated with the operation of the import and export department.
- Follow import-export department procedures in accordance with Nissin Group’s corporate policies and with department supervisor and manager. Learn basic file procedures, department procedures and other assigned tasks.
- Ensure a 100% level of compliance with any related government agencies such as local, US domestic and applicable foreign agencies, which have functions of enforcement or compliance responsibilities, related to importing and exporting.
- Follow instructions, tasks and take notes while training or reviewing procedures.
- Prepares reports of transactions to facilitate billing of shippers and foreign carriers. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure to book vessel or flight arrangement that will meet customer's requested ETA.
- Coordinate any necessary surface transportation to airports or pier to make sure that delivery has been completed.
- Must be able to work within an import-export regulatory compliance team, performing duties related to document preparation and traffic coordination required to correctly process the goods through customs and affect timely delivery.
- Manage import-export transactions, including all related activities for an assigned base of accounts.
- Must be organized, able to set priorities, expediting transactions and tasks to meet customer expectations and government requirements.
- Receive, review, and process import-export documentation such as B/L and AWB for each shipment accurately, thoroughly, efficiently and performing all functions within a strict time frame.
- Maintain quality service, high level of expertise in all areas of government’s regulations including data entry and invoice process and document reviews.
- Must keep accurate notes per shipment. Must review and update notes accordingly.
- Must maintain a 99%+ accuracy in the entry data process, classification and valuation.
- Provide excellent and timely customer service skills and shipment follow up by pro-actively informing the customers of the status of their shipments, answering questions to the best of your ability and referring clients to the supervisor when his/her questions are more technical.
- Advise supervisor of any delays, problems and/or questioned any irregularities discovered within assigned transactions.
- Actively pursue a better understanding of import-export regulations and rules. Adherence to all applicable import-export regulations and rules.
- Work requires the written communication skills to compose routine notes and correspondence with the related parties involve on per shipment basis.
- Work requires regular phone contact with customs, other government agencies, carriers, customers, vendors and all related parties concerning the import-export process. Must have effective verbal and communication and strong customer service and troubleshooting and proposed solution skills. Ability to edit and proof business correspondence and reports for accuracy and clarity. Ability to analyze complex details and resolves complex issues pertaining to our clients, venders and employee needs.
- Review all entries, client invoice packages and file record keeping prior to submitting to supervisor for payment and final review.
- Must maintain account information according to client requirements, change in contact, special instructions and any other additional or revised specific requirements.
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days and pet insurance.