The Ocean Import Agent will assist the company in shipping and receiving inventories in international business transactions. They will be working closely with the company’s customs brokers, warehouse staff, shipping companies and clients assisting with shipping, receiving, and record keeping for domestic and international transactions.
- Ensure that all contract documents are complete and conform to corporate policies and import/export regulations
- Fill out import documents, compiling carrier and route assignments, and tracking shipments
- Serve as the point of contact and provide excellent customer service throughout the entire import process
- Coordinate with customs agents for customs clearance
- Coordinate with customers on shipment status
- Ensure shipments and deliveries arrive in timely manner
- Issue arrival notices, freight releases and invoices to both international and domestic clients
- Process payments to vendors
- Maintain a good relationship with overseas agents (e.g., obtaining documents)
- Handle file preparation
- Handle and process B/L, Invoice, packing list, etc.
- Monitor warehouse loading and unloading
- Provide other duties as needed
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days and pet insurance.