Packing and crating operations person reports directly to the Dept. Team Leader or Supervisor. The position entails all aspects that are associated with packaging in the Logistics field. Packing operations is responsible for providing excellent customer service to an international client base and ensure all customer's cargo is professionally packed and documented whether on or offsite.
- Must be able to accurately process paperwork, including packing lists, bill of ladings & work orders
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Positive attitude is a must, and able to function as part of a team
- Process daily air export in conjunction with Forwarding Dept.
- Able to multitask in both office and warehouse environment
- Provide excellent and timely customer service skills by maintaining a base set of accounts and pro-actively informing Supervisor on the status of the projects.
- Reviews procedures to monitor performance and compliance with customer's requirements.
- Comply and follow procedures, periodic inventories, and off-site operations as well as monitoring and compliance with Nissin, US Customs, HAZMAT, OSHA, CTPAT and TSA rules and regulations.
- Notify supervisors of any damage, irregularities, safety concerns, and safety violations at warehouse immediately.
- Handle products safely and carefully advise Supervisor of any delays, problems and/or question of any irregularities discovered within assigned transactions.
- May perform other department members duties during their breaks, lunch, or as designated by Supervisor.
- Performs general housekeeping duties including sweeping, breaking down cartons, and throwing out trash.
- Attends work regularly, consistently and responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days and pet insurance.