Under the direction and supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor and Logistics Center Manager, the Warehouse Lead is responsible for performing general warehouse functions including housekeeping, preparing and checking shipments, unloading and loading, and counting inventory and oversees operation by assisting supervisors and managers. Operating a forklift and other warehouse equipement to stack and move products is required. Certification of OSHA Forklift training is required.
- Handles in loading, unloading, picking, staging, stacking, and moving of product.
- Assists management with issues related to vendor compliance and inventory control and training warehouse employees.
- Prints and reviews reports to monitor warehouse performance and compliance with customer’s requirements.
- Inspects, maintains, and performs minor maintenance on warehouse equipment and make sure warehouse is clean and safe.
- Comply with customer requirements and procedures, periodic inventories, and offsite operations as well as monitoring and comply with Nissin, US Customs, HAZMAT, OSHA and CTPAT rules and regulations.
- Unload, label, and prepare manifest for containers and/or any manifest required shipments
- Unload, label, inventory and various customer containers and or freight.
- Eliminate product overflow by putting freight away by using WMS and/or warehouse system.
- Notify supervisors of any damage, irregularities and any safety concern and safety violations at warehouse immediately.
- Checks product picked for shipment, verifies models and quantities against packing slip, and brings discrepancies to management’s attention.
- Takes inventory by counting and verifying model numbers and quantities.
- Drives forklifts and prepares all necessary documents.
- Ensure forklift and other equipment are fully operational. Inspects supllies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Ensure accurate product inventory for clients
- Communicate with our Warehouse Manager about current stock and potential issues with orders
- Conduct daily analyses to forecast potential inventory issues
- Report on inventory activities and variances
- Assess new inventory to ensure it is ready for shipping or delivery
- Develop and implement inventory control procedures and best practice
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days and pet insurance.