Position Description: Working in a team office environment and reporting to the Assistant Manager of the Torrance Customs Department, the Entry Writer will perform high volume customs clearance processes on key customs brokerage accounts, participate in a dedicated customer effort with continuous challenge and be responsible for final delivery of customer cargo. This position requires strong individual customs entry processing skills, knowledge of proper classifications (FDA, OGA, HTS, ABI) and government agencies.
- Entry writer for a Customs Broker specializing in the food industry
- Responsible for daily entry review and classification of frozen food and non-frozen food items.
- Entry documentation including 7501, 3461.
- Specialize in RLF & All Entries.
- Agriculture, FDA, Prior Notice, ISF filing and classification of commodities.
- Coordination of perishable commodities requirements: Agriculture inspections, Fumigations, Customs Exams, AMS marketing.
- Provide necessary documents to other government Agencies (i.e. Agriculture, FDA, USDA, Fish and Wildlife)
- Prepare customs brokerage file
- Verify arrival information with Airlines/NVOCC's/ Steamship Lines
- Rate commercial invoice with tariff numbers
- Verify country of origin
- Data Entry & transmit to Customs
- Prepare entry documents for Customs approval and Duty payment
- Prepare delivery order, send to trucker, verify receipt
- Prepare billing package, bill file, email/mail to clients
- Ensure that all entries are filed on time and freight delivered in a timely manner in accordance with company and customer expectations.
- Provide superior customer service
- Faxing, photo copying, filing
- Other duties as needed
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days and pet insurance.