Working in a team office environment the Customs Entry Writer will perform a high volume customs clearance processes on key customs brokerage accounts, participate in a dedicated customer effort with continuous challenge and be responsible for final delivery of customer cargo. This position requires strong individual customs entry processing skills, knowledge of proper classifications (FDA, OGA, HTS, ABI) and government agencies.
- Entry writer for a Customs Broker
- Responsible for daily entry review and classification of General Merchandise
- Entry documentation including 7501, 3461.
- Specialize in RLF & All Entries.
- Provide necessary documents to other government Agencies
- Prepare customs brokerage file
- Verify arrival information with Airlines/NVOCC's/ Steamship Lines, etc.
- Rate commercial invoice with tariff numbers
- Verify country of origin
- Data Entry & transmit to Customs
- Prepare entry documents for Customs approval and Duty payment
- Prepare delivery order, send to trucker, verify receipt
- Prepare billing package, bill file, email/mail to clients
- Advise importers of any areas of tariff classification, regulations and procedures.
- Ensure that all entries are filed on time and freight delivered in a timely manner in accordance with company and customer expectations.
- Provide superior customer service
- Faxing, photo copying, filing
- Other duties as needed
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days and pet insurance.