Position Description: Under the direction and supervision of upper management, the Air Export Operations Coordinator is responsible for all the aspects of assigned accounts by coordinating export shipments and all related activities for an assigned base of accounts. Assist with duties related to cargo & documentation preparation and traffic coordination required to correctly process goods through customs and affect timely delivery. The Air Export Operations Coordinator will be working closely with warehouse staff (3rd Party Included), suppliers, vendors, 3rd Party Carriers (Airline & Truck Carriers) and clients assisting with shipping, receiving and record keeping for domestic and international transactions.
- Work closely with the Warehouse/LCD department to coordinate inbound & outbound shipments for the Air Export Department.
- Coordinate pick-up & deliveries with our in-house truckers and/or 3rd party truckers.
- Coordinate export shipment with 3rd party warehouse facilities and delivering export documentation.
- Responsible for all the assigned functions for export.
- Utilize all software and programs necessary to the export operations.
- Follow the Assistant Manager & Manager’s instructions and the department procedures in accordance with Nissin Group’s corporate policies.
- Coordinate surface transportation from customers, vendors, suppliers and airports to ensure that delivery has been completed.
- Comply with customer requirements, periodic inventories and offsite operations as well as monitoring and comply with, Nissin, US Customs, HAZMAT, OSHA, CTPAT and TSA rules and regulations.
- Log Freight (Document Weight and Dimensions, when necessary)
- Maintain offsite warehouse operations by traveling to designated warehouse to perform all duties, required for various customers.
- Follow all rules and regulations as designated by managers of offsite warehouse.
- Prepare/Issue work orders for Air Export shipments to the warehouse department.
- Notify supervisors of any damage, irregularities and any safety concern and safety violations at onsite and offsite warehouse immediately.
- Handles product safely and carefully.
- Able to work within an export regulatory compliance team, performing duties related to document preparation and traffic coordination required to correctly process the goods through customs and affect timely delivery.
- Must be organized, able to set priorities, expediting transactions to meet customers’ expectations and government requirements.
- Receive, review, and process export documentation such as B/L and AWB for each shipment accurately, thoroughly, efficiently and performing all functions within a strict time frame.
- Maintain quality service, high level of expertise including data entry and invoice process and document reviews.
- Must keep accurate notes per shipment, review and update notes accordingly.
- Maintain 100% accuracy in the data entry process, classification and valuation.
- Provide excellent and timely customer service skills and shipment follow up by proactively informing customers of the status of their shipments, answering questions to the best of your ability and referring clients to the department management when his/her questions are more technical.
- Advise the department management of any delays, problems and/or questioned any irregularities discovered within assigned transactions.
- Stay up-to-date with the knowledge in DOT & export regulations and rules to be compliant with all applicable DOT & export regulations and rules.
- Strong writing skills to compose routine notes and correspondence with the related parties involved on per shipment basis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to contact with customs, other government agencies, carriers, customers, vendors and all related parties concerning the export process.
- Ability to edit and proof business correspondence and reports for accuracy and clarity.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues pertaining to our clients, vendors and employee’s needs.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Be willing to go the extra mile to get the job done right and to achieve higher customer satisfaction.
- Help maintain a positive work environment, and high ethical and moral standards in the department.
- Report important incident/information to upper management in a timely manner and provide updates as requested.
- Work may require a short-term or long-term business trips.
- Attends work regularly and consistently.
- Responsible for completing all essential job functions by end of shift.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe work/warehouse environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days and pet insurance.