Under the supervision and direction of the Food Commodities Division Manager, the Food Commodities Assistant will be assisting with the Importing and Exporting of a variety of food commodities that include fresh and frozen products, such as fruits and vegetables, meats, dairy, as well as dry cargo (i.e., whey powders, supplements) to Asia, Southeast Asia, Europe and South America.
Logistics movement’s will be arranged by Air carrier’s, ocean carriers, and trucking companies.
- Data Entry - accurate inputting of air and ocean export data
- Working with US regulatory agencies such as the FDA, USDA and AFHIS
- Communicating with overseas customers and other Nissin branches (Japan, Europe & Asia)
- Assist with Sales and attracting new customers
- Handle Export and Import Logistics. Process proper paperwork, i.e., Bill of Lading, commercial invoicing, packing lists, and other government documentation
- Provide rate quotations
- Re-pack products according to TSA approved regulations, using shrink wrapping and other packing methodologies of packing fresh commodities
- Go into the field to inspect quality of the product
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days and pet insurance.