Position Description: Under the direction and supervision of upper management, the Ocean Export Analyst is responsible for coordinating activities of international traffic division of organization and for negotiating settlements between foreign and domestic shippers by performing the following duties personally or through coworkers. Ocean Export Analyst will also be responsible to supervise and train subordinates and assist coworkers, as needed.
- Responsibility to handle branch’s operations such as planning and directing flow of ocean and surface traffic moving to overseas destinations.
- Maintain a high level of expertise in all areas of export, forwarding, cash management, and other related functions.
- Contribute to establish and to refine ocean export department procedures in accordance with Nissin Group’s policies, procedures and computer programs.
- Ensure the high level of compliance with any local, US and foreign government agencies, which have functions or duties, related to export.
- Good working knowledge on the use of the company standard software to generate reports, charts, graphs, presentations. Skilled in the customs computer operations and accounting programs.
- Experience in all activities related to the exported shipments through customs, other government agencies, transportation, forwarding, delivery of shipments, and other related functions.
- Prepare reports of transactions to facilitate billing of shippers and carriers.
- Examine invoices and shipping manifests for accuracy.
- Strong communication skills, troubleshooting, and propose solutions. Ability to edit and proof business correspondence and reports for accuracy and clarity. Ability to analyze complex details and resolve complex issues pertaining to our clients’ needs.
- Negotiate with customers, as intermediary, to resolve problems and arrive at mutual agreements. Negotiate with shipping interests to contract for reciprocal freight handling agreements.
- Examine invoices and shipping manifests for conformity to tariff and regulations.
- Prepare reports of transactions to facilitate billing of shippers and carriers. Other duties may be assigned.
- Promote sales to build account base and increase business volume. Seek out and explore all revenue opportunities to increase profit margins while keeping costs under strict control.
- Explore opportunities for cost savings and maximizing efficiency and control.
- Increase and continue to develop our inbound and outbound transportation program with all related parties and overseas agents/partners.
- Develop and nurture positive relationships with other NIT/CBD offices, personnel, customers, vendors, agents and partners.
- Lead by example. Be willing and able to do as much or more than asked to get the job done and task completed. Live by and encourage all staff to maintain high ethical and moral standards.
- Maintain a positive working environment with high morale and employee participation in the company’s encouraged or sponsored programs.
- Perform and all duties as assigned by management.
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days and pet insurance.