Position Description: Under the direction and supervision of department supervisor(s), manager(s), and senior management, the full-time Accounting Assistant is responsible for computing, classifying, and verifying numerical data for use in maintaining accurate accounting records and receiving/processing payments. Compiles records, verifies, and maintains data and payment to accounts payable and receivable records by performing the following duties. Performs responsibilities related to the settlement of accounts with Nissin affiliates and related journal entries for such transactions. This is a non-exempt, full-time position.
- Perform tasks and duties to complete settlement of accounts with Nissin affiliates and prepare wire requests and related journal entries.
- Perform invoicing tasks to Nissin affiliates for settlement of paid expenses.
- Process AP for assigned branches.
- Prepare AP reports for aged balances for write-off and communicate with branches.
- Research and resolve AP issues with vendors.
- Research and resolve settlement issues with Nissin affiliates.
- Assist with the monthly, quarterly, and year-end closing process.
- Maintain all recordkeeping files for tasks/duties assigned by accounting management.
- Compile, sort, and organize supporting documentation (invoices, checks, etc.) for related business transactions.
- Verify details of business transactions to generate spreadsheets and databases. Code data for input to financial data applications per company procedures; review, reconcile, and interpret reports to make corrections, as needed.
- Investigate and research noted discrepancies and report findings to management to keep management apprised of problems and issues that may arise requiring appropriate action to be taken.
- Assist with the accounting system implementation and process improvements, as assigned by management.
- Perform ad-hoc projects and any other tasks or duties, as assigned by management.
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days and pet insurance.