Position Description: Under the direction and supervision of the Ocean Department Supervisor, the Ocean Import Clerk is responsible for all aspects of assigned accounts by processing import shipments and all related activities for an assigned base of accounts. Assist with duties related to document preparation and traffic coordination required to correctly process goods through customs and affect timely delivery.
- Ensure that all contract documents are complete and conform to corporate policies and import regulations
- Tracking/tracing of shipments
- Receive, review, and process import documentation such as Arrival Notice
- Prepare reports of transactions to facilitate billing of importers and carriers
- Ensure to book truckers to meet customer's requested ETA
- Coordinate any necessary surface transportation from pier to make sure that delivery has been completed
- Review all entries, client invoice packages and file record keeping prior to submitting to supervisor for payment and final review
- Work with other Nissin departments in meeting customer and international deadlines
- Data entry and maintain using Nissin import system & Oracle financials System
- Ensure cargo pick-up and delivery on schedule
- Ensure that all documents are in proper order scan, fax, and file documents
- Handle pick-up instructions and sends arrival notices
- Handle file preparation
- Monitor warehouse loading and unloading
- Provide excellent customer service to customers
- Other duties as provided
- Min. AA degree, college degree preferred
- 0-1 year experience in transportation industries, preferred
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Must possess accurate Data Entry skills
- Possesses strong communication and organizational skills,
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Ability to resolve logistical issues, as necessary
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work full time every day.
- Ability to travel occasionally and drive a car/vehicle.
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days and pet insurance.