Under the direction and supervision of the Logistics Manager, the Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for coordinating the operation of all warehouse functions, training and assisting warehouse leads and workers, generating and reviewing operational reports, and assisting with general Human Resource issues.
- Supervises and trains workforce relating to inbound and outbound activity. Cross-trains workers to ensure adequate coverage during heavy volume and/or schedule conflicts; Ensures that all employees, including temps, understand and comply with policies, work rules, requests, instructions and requirements.
- Communicates with the Senior Supervisor and LC Manager for daily work volumes; Sets and coordinates labor schedules according to volume and projects. May assist workers in shipping and receiving activities as required
- Coordinates and oversees processes to ensure accuracy, completeness, and customer compliance.
- Utilizes work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites workflow to floor employees. Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures. Generates, reviews, and maintains logs, files, and reports to monitor warehouse performance and ensure compliance with any necessary requirements.
- Monitors and evaluates employee performance daily; suggests additional training or corrective action as required. Conducts regular review of employee performance both verbally and written; Compiles data to support performance assessments
- Determines space requirements and position of shipment as relates to equipment - Compiles daily inbound and outbound volumes to predict equipment/ space requirements
- Inspects loading operations to ensure compliance with shipping and carrier specifications
- Oversee preventive maintenance schedules and inspects material handling equipment for defects and notifies maintenance personnel or contacts outside service facility for repair. Maintains vehicle maintenance reports per schedule
- May be designated according to function supervised as Receiving Supervisor; Shipping Supervisor. Performs other duties as assigned by management
- Attends work regularly and consistently; Maintains a safe and secure work environment
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days and pet insurance.