Position Description: Under the direction and supervision of the Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Worker is responsible for performing all general warehouse functions including housekeeping, preparing and checking shipments, unloading containers, and counting inventory. Manually and mechanically loading and unloading of trucks, ocean containers and freight. Receiving and labeling freight after unloading, organizing warehouse, assisting in daily warehouse operations, including the labeling of CFS freight and filing of CFS paperwork, Complying with customer requirements, periodic inventories, and offsite operations as well as monitoring and complying with Nissin, OSHA, CTPAT and TSA rules and regulations.
- Follow instructions given by supervisors and or managers.
- Receive freight (unload freight check for damage and sign and date truck pro)
- Log freight (document weight and dimensions)
- Freight Placement (freight is labeled and moved to appropriate area)
- Unload, label, and prepare manifest for CFS containers
- Unload, label, inventory and various customer containers and or freight.
- Eliminate product overflow by putting freight away by using WMS.
- Maintain offsite warehouse operations by traveling to designated warehouse to perform all duties required for various customers.
- Follow all rules and regulations as designated by managers of offsite warehouse.
- Prepares orders for shipment by following instructions to stencil, label, wrap, unpack, repack, record serial numbers, etc.
- Notify supervisor of any damage or irregularities at onsite and offsite warehouse immediately.
- May perform other department members duties during breaks, lunch, or as designated by supervisor.
- Handles product safely and carefully.
- Performs general housekeeping duties including sweeping, breaking down cartons, and throwing out trash.
- Attends work regularly and consistently.
- Follow all rules, regulations as set forth by Customers, Nissin, OSHA, CTPAT and TSA.
- Responsible for completing all essential job functions by end of shift.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe warehouse environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days and pet insurance.