Under the direction and supervision of upper management, the logistics coordinator is responsible for coordinating activities of air, ocean, land import and export freight shipments in US and Asia.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Monitor and provide necessary instruction for parties engaged in receiving and shipping freight, documentation, way billing, assessing charges, and collecting fees for shipments.
- Negotiates with foreign shipping interests to contract for reciprocal freight handling agreements. Send air and ocean quotations to foreign countries.
- Produce and examine all necessary paperwork for import and export shipments and customs regulations.
- Negotiates with foreign shipping interests to contract for reciprocal freight handling agreements.
- Arrange freights at warehouse, airline bonds or port warehouses.
- Examines invoices and shipping manifests for conformity to tariff and customs regulations.
- Prepare reports of transactions to facilitate billing of shippers and foreign carries. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicate with customs for trouble-shooting, providing rate quote and import/export plans.
- Contact established and potential customers to introduce Nissin’s import/export services and arrange shipments.
- Do monthly reports and billing/ payment job related import/export shipments.
- Update import/export regulations constantly and share all necessary information with all other employees.
- Take care of freight attendance at (air) ports for import/export and other special projects.
- Comply with customer requirements and comply with Nissin, US Customs, HAZMAT, OSHA, CTPAT, TSA and any other authorities’ rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as required.
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days and pet insurance.