Position Description: The Air Export Agent is responsible for airfreight export shipments ensuring that the customer’s goods are shipped and received according to the customer’s requirements and objectives. The Air Export Agent will be working closely with customs brokers, warehouse staff, shipping companies, and clients assisting with shipping, receiving and record keeping for domestic and international transactions.
- Track shipments and communicate with clients and vendor about the shipment’s progress
- Responsible for the repacking of the freight
- Deal with quotes from prospective customers
- Prepares transaction reports to facilitate billing or shippers and carriers.
? Reviews all entries, client invoices and file records for accuracy before submitting to supervisor for final review and payment
- Ensure to book vessel or flight arrangement that will meet customer’s requested ETA
- Coordinate any necessary surface transportation to airports or pier to make sure that delivery has completed
- Works with other Nissin Departments in meeting customer and international deadlines
- Data Entry using Nissin export system and Oracle financials
- Provide Excellent Customer service
- Receive, review and process export documentation such as Airway Bills and Bill of Ladings
- Handle claims with insurance companies if any shipment problems happen to occur
- Compile carrier and route assignments to meet client’s requirements
- Coordinate ground transportation to make sure delivery has been completed
- Obtaining documents from overseas agents and customers
- Ensure that all contract documents are complete and conform to corporate policies and import laws.
- Maintain and update client account information
- Some overnight travel may be required
- Other duties as needed
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days and pet insurance.