Position Description: Under the direction and supervision of upper management, the Import/Export Coordinator is responsible to promote our Air-Ocean Export-Import & comprehensive logistics service and coordinating activities of air, ocean, land export - import inbound and outbound freight shipments, data entries for Air-Ocean, Export-Import shipments.
- Supports outside sales and Air-Ocean Export & Import team
- Maintains and updates customer database by inputting customer profile and updates; preparing and distributing monthly reports
- Prepares sales presentations by compiling data; developing presentation formats and materials.
- Supports Air-Ocean Export & Import agent’s Data entry into system.
- Follow up with customers up by pro-actively informing the status of their shipments, answering questions and referring clients to the supervisor when questions are more technical.
- Negotiates with customers to resolve problems and trouble shoot in order to arrive at mutual agreements.
- Increase and develop import-export transportation, warehouse and logistics programs with all related parties and customers.
- Negotiates with foreign shipping interests to contract for reciprocal freight handling agreements.
- Send air and ocean quotations to foreign countries.
- Plans and direct flow of air, ocean, and surface traffic moving to overseas destinations.
- Monitor and provide necessary instruction for parties engaged in receiving and shipping freight, documentation, waybill, assessing charges, and collecting fees for shipments.
- Examines invoices and shipping manifests for conformity to tariff and customs regulations.
- Prepare reports of transactions to facilitate billing of shippers and foreign carries.
- Resolves customer problems and informs supervisor of the resolutions
- Update export -import regulations constantly and share all necessary information with all other employees.
- Comply with customer requirements and all state and federal safety and compliance regulations.
- Arrange and take care of freight attendance at ports for import- export and other special projects.
- Load, unload, label, prepare, manifest, and inventory various customer containers and/or freight.
- Notify supervisor of any damage, irregularities and safety concern and safety violations at onsite and offsite warehouse immediately.
- Handles product safely and carefully.
- Performs general housekeeping duties including sweeping, breaking down cartons, and throwing out trash.
- May perform other department members duties during their breaks, lunch, or as designated by supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days and pet insurance