Position Description: Under the direction and supervision of upper management, the Import Agent is responsible for processing import shipments and all activities related.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all assigned functions for import shipments
- Ensures that all document preparation, coordination for the movement of goods from overseas port to U.S.A. inland destination, including but not limited to Truck, Rail, Air, and Sea
- Ensure a 100% level of compliance with any government agency such as Customs & Border Protection, Import Administration regulations, Code of Federal regulations, or any other agency
- Coordinate and monitor surface and rail transportation via internet or phone to departing ports of departure to make sure that arrival has been completed timely
- Process vendor costs and sales related matters using an Oracle database
- Must maintain a 99%+ accuracy in the entry data process, classification and vauluation
- Advise Supervisor of any delays, problems and/or question any irregularities discovered within assigned transactions
- Handles routine notes and correspondence with the related parties involved on a per shipment basis
- Assist to keep costs under strict control
- Maintain a positive attitude when conducting business with customers, vendors, and overseas agents at all times
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days and pet insurance.