Position Description: Under the direction and supervision of the forwarding manager, the Air Export Agent is responsible for all aspects of International and domestic traffic by processing export shipments and all related activities for an assigned base of accounts.
- Responsible for all assigned functions for export shipments
- Ensures that all document preparation document preparation, coordination for the movement of goods from shippers door to overseas destination(s), including but not limited to truck, rail, Air, Sea, and Customs are 100% accurate
- Ensure a 100% level of compliance with any relevant government agency such as, Customs & Border Protection, Export Administration regulations, Code of Federal regulations, or any other agency.
- Ensure to book flight arrangements that will meet customer's requested ETA and deadlines.
- Coordinate / monitor surface and rail transportation via internet or phone to departing ports of departure to make sure that arrival has been completed timely
- Process vendor costs and sales related matters using an Oracle database.
- Must keep accurate notes per shipment. Must review and update notes accordingly.
- Must maintain a 99%+ accuracy in the entry data process, classification and valuation.
- Advise Team Leader or Supervisor of any delays, problems and/or question any irregularities discovered within assigned transactions.
- Handles routine notes and correspondence with the related parties involve on per shipment basis.
- Assist to promote sales and to expand all revenue opportunities and to increase profit margins while keeping costs under strict control.
- Maintain a positive attitude when conducting business with Customers, vendors and overseas agents, at all times.
Nissin offers a robust benefits package for our employees. It includes health, dental, life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, along with 2 types of voluntary vision plans, additional voluntary life and AD&D, FSA (medical and dependent care), 401k, vacation, sick days and pet insurance.